Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day dinner! :(

Not that I am not a romantic person.. but frankly I could never understand why we make such a big issue about Valentines day!! I mean if you are in love.... you are in love... you don't need a specific day to remind yourself and make your partner feel special ...! At the same time if one really wants to dedicate a single day for love... whats the harm... why do we make that such a big deal...???

Anyways.... this puzzle is for the more informed and wiser people to solve..

What prompted me to write this post today are some pictures that a friend of mine had posted on her Val day celebrations with her husband...! An exotic location and dinner by the seaside.... and that is surely romantic! I couldn't stop myself getting envious.... but then that's about it.

My mind rolled back to the days in college when "the" girlfriends would spend hours getting beautiful for that special dinner date with their respective boyfriends...!! I could never really get the idea as to how can you have dinner with the same guy almost every day and yet call the Val day dinner special?? I mean logically it doesnt! Once a room mate of mine enlightened me... Valentines day dinner is all about love ... !! Wheew.... I almost saw a halo behind her...!
Aaah Cmon! How can you be nice and goody one day and come back to fights and mistrusts the next day and call yourself being in love?? I found all that very dumb... and I still feel the same about it.
I recall this incident about a friend's Valentines day! Dressed in white and baby pink she looked heavenly.. (she was otherwise too very pretty)... and so in her own words she had the best valentines day dinner... and the most romantic one at it!! (wherever it was... at least she admired it!)... good!! Her smiles and blushes were obviously making her statements very real....! and I am sure it would have been!! But then the very next day the couple had a serious argument and they broke up the following week! whew! Now that is something I couldn't understand! I mean was I naive then... or was all college love tales going like this! I really didn't know... !! I can shamelessly admit that the only time I had a boyfriend to "celebrate" valentines day was when we both were separated by our busy education schedules.... (I was training and finishing my mid term on the job training and he being my senior was back in college), so I could never really understand the funda on Valentines day dinner... and the funda... "love is in the air" and "its all about love"!!

Even now ... after 8 years of marriage( which makes it 8 Valentine's days with my life partner) and two kids.... I still don't understand whats the big deal about "The Valentine's day dinner"

But then these are my thoughts.. I am sure when my kids grow up, they will go for their respective valentine dates... I hope at least by then I'll have an idea.... whats the whole deal about the "valentine day's dinner"!!


PS: I wasn't envious about my friend's dinner because it was Valentine's day.... had she gone to this place any other day.. I would have been equally envious....

No comments:

Post a Comment